Thursday, August 7, 2008

Satire


Satire is a tone used to ridicule or make fun of human vice or weakness, often with the intent of correcting or changing the subject of the satiric attack. The onion a source of a lot of satire. It is a news source that turns a spin on events around the world. The article on Al Gore in which they joke on Al Gores fight to save the people of this earth by turning his quest in a superman ripoff where he send his infant son to a new planet. This piece is satirical because it makes fun of bad situations. It turns a negative into a joke even though some people might find it offensive. A satirical piece has to spin any situation no matter the result. Twain is telling the youth to be good basically. He says always obey your parents, be respectful to your superiors, go to bed early and wake up early, be very careful about lying, do not resort to extreme measures, never handle firearms carelessly, and read books because they are they are a great, an inestimable, and unspeakable means of improvement. As I said satire changes the negative into a joke like when he said always obey your parents, but only when there around and do not resort to extreme measures simply watch your chance and hit them with a brick.

I think this is a successful piece but I would never go as extreme in a fight to hit someone with a brick thats just taking it to far. At least he said if the person did not have an intent on hurting me I should confess that I am sorry and did not mean it. I sure did learn lying is bad because once your caught I can never again be in the eyes to the good and the pure. I never thought lying could be a great art in which with practice and experience can give me and anyone the confidence, elegance and precision.

Source : Advice to Youth

No comments:

My music