Thursday, July 31, 2008

What makes a good liar?

What Really makes a good Liar? I believe what makes a good liar is body control. Learning to control my body flaws that can give myself away. I Always make eye contact and never look away in any direction. I Don't fidget, or cross my arms or put my hands in my pocket. That is sign that I am nervous which can tell any other person that I am lying. I always go over my lines and go over it in my head and I will try to find holes in my story to questions I would not be able to answer. I found that smiling in certain situations are good and fake laughing. Fake laughing is hard but with practice it gets easy. If all of that doesn't work I would just give up and play like it was a joke, who knows it might work.
A Confession of Lies

No, it isn't needed: this blue sky, the two exact trees
Where they are green ash, blue pine. The seas can rise
To within an inch of the buildings but will not,
Ever. For now, like them, my words can be trusted.
There is no need for a doubt. We will not die.
We cannot keep the woods from receding north
To a cooler horizon. Red, white, and yellow
Trash will escape our hands to go into the water.
A glowing, new coal will escape our lips and go down
Through time in the water, to come up a cool, gold
Drink. The truth: We aren't eager to die. We
Turn all our acts to good. We think and desire
Alike. Whatever we start we complete. We don't
Let our anger loose. All earth
Is as wide and dear and clean as when I was small.
Whenever I lie, I tell a truth.

"Whenever I lie, I tell a truth." I think the author of the poem meant, what we believe is truth can also be a lie. Some people choose to believe what people say even though it could be a lie. I can lie to someone and they can believe what I am saying is the truth. I think that behind ever truth there is also a lie.

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."

Mark Twain
(1835-1910, American humorist, writer)

This quote means lies are usually planned out and can take time to remember. Losing your place or forgetting one part can destroy your plan, so why lie when telling the truth is more better. In fact it's more easy and it won't cause stress in which lying can cause a lot of it.

Lies are used all the time and all the time they have consequences. Lying to people can discredit yourself in many ways. They won't believe half of what you say anymore and it always lead to mistrust which is not good. It's like the story of the boy who cried wolf he called wolf to many times that the townsfolk did not believe him anymore and it lead to his unfortunate undoing.

No comments:

My music