Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Do you believe what you hear or see


"Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see" by Benjamin Franklin

This quote means unless I know what someone told me to be true I have to think and investigate this information before believing in it . Seeing with my own eyes is not always truth but can be a lie. When I think about this quote it reminds me of mystery novels. In Mystery novels I can never assume something to be true without the facts. Investigators are a good example they can connect small clues to solve mysteries or uncover facts about crime and theft. They Study every detail because if their wrong it can cost a person their life or something even worse. Thinking before acting is what I do and always the truth can be relieved when all the piece of the puzzle are in place. When someone hears a rumor do I always jump to a conclusion just because someone said it or do I find out if it's true with your own eyes?




One quote that I thought to be most interesting is a quote by Franklin P. Jones "Experience is that marvelous thing that enables me to recognize a mistake when I make it again". This quote says it all , The mistakes that I make prepare me for my future. I believe in this quote mainly because everyone makes mistakes now and then but learning from it is very important so that it doesn't happen again. The experience I gained can be worth it. I made mistakes myself I have skipped school a lot of times during high school. I just got lazy and just did not want to go. I wanted to stay home and hang out with my friends. I was given a chance to changed my ways and I took it. Now I am 2 credits away from graduating high school and I am proud of what I have done for myself.


1 comment:

chris J said...

nice job but the only thing you have to fix is being here in class to do this work

My music