Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Why We Lie


Children lie for many reasons. Some of these reasons are kept to themselves and progress overtime that they have to lie all the time. Fear is one common lie that is usually motivated an upcoming situation with an adult. Usually children fear to have privileges taken away from them or they are pressured into lying. I remember when I had to lie to my family that I was not going to school, fearing that when they heard from teachers about what I am doing they would thing of me differently. They would take the title of being the most responsible one in the family away from me. Lies become habits that becomes a reflex when confronted on lies. Usually when I lie I feel guilty and it tends to build up and I just keep lie to people for my own sake. It tends to become a habit in which I lie by reflex and when I am confronted on this lie I say it's the truth while lie to myself and my parent to their face.



In some situations children learn to lie in experiencing other lies. Lie usually learned by children come from within the household. Lies that are harmless to one can be more of an nuances to another. The problem is shielding our children from these lies, But it is usually better for them to learn from the parents instead from others outside the home. There should be no lies in the home there should only be truth. Telling the truth always to children can give a great example that lies are not needed. The best thing is to be a model parent. Sometimes children over predict the reaction parents say. I know usually parents will give the same answers to different situations all the time and anyone would get tired of hearing no. We lie in response to these answers before hand not knowing that they would say yes. Parents should not box there children in but instead explain certain boundaries that are negotiable. I Have been in this situation before and it tends to back fire on me most of the time. I believe having and understanding and a good relationship with my parent leads to better living. I mother who let me skip school if a certain situation presents it self and I wouldn't have to lie. Taking the chance to ask my mother knowing the answer might be a no or a yes is a risk to take because it might benefit me in a good way. I have a great relationship with my mother why I don't lie.

1 comment:

chris J said...

yes am the best. no one is better then me. brainwashing is my job ^_^

My music