Thursday, July 10, 2008

NYC Schools

As I was reading the New York Times I came across a article about NYC schools education. The article named Students, Teachers and Parents Weigh In on State of the Schools by Jennifer Medina talked about the department of education survey that was given out through NYC schools to parents, teachers, and students. The article talks about the vast majority of response to the surveys that was given. Nearly 800,000 people responded to the survey this year stating that for the first time the major school systems have really listened to their concerns.

The Department of Education in my opinion has made a big step forward in the right direction. I actually have taken this survey this year and even though I don't care what goes on in schools, I took it and gave my view on what's going on around me. I agree that students tend to favor getting bad grades for enjoyment for others or they just don't care. I am satisfied with the education I am given now. I feel that some schools don't give what I need to have a better education. Mostly it's the lack of money that concerns me. If New York City can stop spending needless money on things we don't need I wouldn't have to watch schools in my neighborhood being shut down a lot in the Bronx.

No comments:

My music